Ordinance Enforcement Officer
COMMISSIONS AND DEPARTMENTS
Board of Review
Torch Lake Township Board
of Appeals (ZBA)
View a list of all committees
a complete list of forms
Township and police
and new ordinances
Minutes for past meetings
to Torch Lake Township
Nestled between Lake Michigan's Grand Traverse Bay and Torch Lake, Torch
Lake Township is a community of about 1,200 full time locals - coupled
with additional summer residents and vacationers. There are actually two
Torch Lake Townships in Michigan: in both Houghton and Antrim counties.
Our Torch Lake Township is located in the northern part of Michigan's
lower peninsula - in Antrim county, halfway between Elk Rapids and Charlevoix.
Township locals are filled with warmth and pride. We're the rare community
which looks-out for our own - while welcoming those who choose to visit
us seasonally in both summer and winter. Summer adventures include lazy
afternoons spent on the crystal-clear turquoise waters of Torch Lake itself
- much like those found in the waters of the Caribbean. Winter frolics
include snow mobiling, show-shoeing and ice-sailing. In fact, National
Geographic cited Torch Lake as the third most beautiful lake in the entire
world - with year-round entertainment at hand.
Board of Review Slated for December 10
The TLT Board of Review will meet on Tuesday, December 10 at 9 AM. This meeting is not for valuation appeals. It is intended for review and/or correct any of the following errors in an assessment or tax bill:
• A clerical error relative to the correct assessment figures, the rate of taxation, or the mathematical computation relating to the assessing of taxes.
• A mutual mistake of fact.
• An adjustment to taxable value under MCL 211.27a (4), or a single business tax filing extension exemption under MCL 211.7hh (3) (b).
• An error of measurement or calculation of the physical dimensions or components of the real property being assessed.
• An error of omission or inclusion of a part of the real property being assessed.
• An error regarding the correct taxable status of the real property being assessed.
• An error made by the taxpayer in preparing the statement of assessable personal property under MCL 211.19.
Consider Supporting Our Community!
Torch Lake Township is partnering with the American Red Cross to become
an official American Red Cross Designated Shelter. Our Community Services
Building will serve as the shelter should a disaster or other need arise
- and will be manned by both Red Cross officials and local community volunteers.
To prepare for our new shelter status, TLT citizens and other local community
members are needed for disaster shelter training. The sessions will occur
in the coming months at the TLT Community Services Building and hosted
by American Red Cross officials.
For more information on shelters and volunteering, please visit the American
Red Cross website. Those interested in volunteer training can send
an email to the Torch Lake Township Clerk.
and Directions to TLT's
Community Services Building
Below is an "aerial view" map to the Torch Lake Township Community
Services Building. You can obtain driving directions to us by selecting
HEALTHCARE COVERAGE FOR TLT EMPLOYEES
The federal government's Affordable Care Act became effective on October 1. If you are a TLT employee please take a few moments to learn about the details.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
TLT is creating an email list to help keep residents and property owners updated on current events and issues.
Join the email update program.
VOLUNTEER ARTIST NEEDED
A local committee is working on a Veteran's Memorial at the township cemetery. Members include Paul Wolverton, Stan Dawson and Rick Randall. The committee is seeking a talented volunteer to design and draw a rendering of the memorial for use at future meetings. Please call Paul at (231) 409-4768 for more information.